Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thus it begins...

Levi celebrates the arrival of the first box of wheat to come in the mail.

Between me and my Mom the UPS man is comes to our house an awful lot. Growing up the UPS man used to wave at me while driving around town. He recognized Big Ugs, my van. It's kinda like those movies where someone walks into the town diner and everyone knows eachother by name.

3 comments:

The Cahoons! said...

Those were good times Sadie! But really, who didn't recognize Big Ugs?! At the 76 station the guy would always smile and recognize us. It was always pretty fun to wave to the UPS guy around town though! Classic!

I think seeing us Kindrick girls driving a huge three bench van would have been a pretty funny and memorable site!

Brittany said...

Funny! I don't know why we got packages in the mail so often back then. Maybe for mom's business? When we were really young she used to order supplies from Montessori. One time I saw the UPS truck and I said, "Mom, the Montessori truck is here." I couldn't figure out why mom thought that was so funny.

I remember that UPS guy, too. One time I was driving in our neighborhood in Mins (the minivan). He waved me down and delivered the box right to the car. He was so excited. He said, "It must be my lucky day!" because he didn't have to go all the way to our house. Another time I saw him next to me at an intersection and he gave me a huge, enthusiastic wave.

Have fun with your Wwwwwwheat.

B. Surfer said...

I was out running in the neighborhood and i saw my UPS guy at his house washing his car. He waved to me! Next time he delivered a package he asked what i was doing so far from home! hahah.