My little boy and his cousins LOVE swords. Their swords come in many different varieties- sticks found outside, drumsticks from their uncles room (sorry Will), sharpie markers, hammers from Grandma's hammer dulcimers, parts of mixers and blenders (especially the dough hook), wooden spoons, you name it and they can turn it into a sword.
Of course, with two dogs and with Olivia even the best intentions of "carefully" playing with swords can turn haywire. For the protection of my dogs and my little girl swords deemed unsafe by Mom get put on top of the fridge. Thus, Will, when you come home from school and wonder where your drumsticks are-look on top of the fridge. I always know that if I need something long and pointy-I look on top of the fridge, where all the weapons are stowed.

4 comments:
hahahahahaha!!
They always find SOMETHING to use as a weapon.
Sadie, I bet there already is another pile on the fridge even though you just put them all away! I love the picture, AND your post name!
Remember when Levi would get in trouble and couldn't use the toy he was using for a while? Everywhere in the house had some kind of toy (no matter what size) up high, balancing on something!
Just wanted to stop by and say what a cute family, and letting you know that I'm posting it to all of the darlings whose blogs I frequent... It is valuable that good young families share their ideals online and it reminded me of this thought by President Ballard: --Elder M. Russell Ballard, an apostle in the Church, told the mostly Mormon, graduating students at Brigham Young University-Hawaii to use the Internet — including blogs and other forms of “new media” — to contribute to a national conversation about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Keep up the good work, wholesome families (with adorable babies)are vital~ love, ~Sister Boyer~
Post a Comment