Friday, September 26, 2008

What's In a Name?


I'm due October 21. Thats in just a few weeks. But Braden and I don't have a name picked out. Why is this so hard? I just want the perfect name for my little girl.


I've come to the point in my pregnancy that labor pains are starting to resurface in my memory. I think Heavenly Father blesses women to forget labor so they can have more than one child. But the thought just hit me-there's only one way out of this!!! This week I decided I should probably get ready for the baby so I dragged in the baby girl clothes from the garage and washed them. So cute. Olivia had a hard time with it because she thought everything was hers-which it was two years ago. She found her "shwimp suit" from last year and insisted on wearing it.


I also set up the baby's bed-which Levi and Olivia quickly filled with Olivia's dolls. I walked into my bedroom and heard Levi singing "baby mine". Every few days he asks when the baby will "come out". He is really excited for another little sister. This time around he really knows what it means for Mommy to have a baby. My sisters Ashley and Brittany both had baby boys earlier this year so my kids are around babies a lot-which I'm very glad because I've been able to help Olivia learn how to be soft around a baby (Poor Porter!!!!).


5 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Comment #2:
That's funny--I was just talking to a friend the other day who's had trouble coming up with a name for their little girl.
Wish I were home so we could go through baby name books together (probably while watching "Wives and Daughters" and eating smoothies :) )!
I also wish I were there to see your new, beautiful home and hold her new, beautiful girl when she arrives. Can't wait to see you this Christmas, Sades.
Love, Me Again

DIY REDS! said...

apparently I am not the most observant friend there is because i just realized that you are due the day after me. and i think it is funny that you are starting to realize the same things i have-there is only one way out of this. we are having a problem picking a name, but our #3 is another boy. we had a girl name all picked out, Lucy, like Lucy Mac Smith. With only a few weeks left I think our son would appreciate us coming up with something else for him. so far, we are down to two names, but we don't agree. jeff will probably win. good luck!
amy

Brittany said...

Cute kids.

Names: How about...
Eve
Lily
Lilian (one of my favorites)
Verena (Veh-Rey-Nah -- Mine and Amanda's Austrian tourguide)
Voluptua (just kidding)

What do you think?

The Cahoons! said...

How about Lucy? You could say your children's names fast together even though it's an L name!

amberkei said...

Good luck! We don't have ANY girl names so we're in trouble when one comes along! We are so happy and excited for your new little baby coming soon. Hope all goes well. It was great to see you last month. :)