Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dolls and Superheroes


As Olivia's older brother Levi feels it is his job to teach her how to be a superhero. His first rule is that a cape is always necessary. He has a speical radar built in his chemical make up that helps him find supplies wherever he is. Towels held together with rubber bands or clips are his favorite make shift cape. The second rule is sound effects. Swoosh, Caaa,-every move, sword, and gun has sound. And the sounds can't be "bang" or "bam", he only does "realistic" sounds.

Olivia follows Levi in all his superhero endeavors but she adds a "women's touch"- her baby is usually snuggled in her arm. In her chemical make up is the ability to take any object and pretend it's a baby. The other day I found her wrapping a dirty, 2 foot work brush in a pillowcase and singing "Baby Mine" to it. She then gently put it "to bed" on a 5 gallon paint bucket.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, what would we have turned out like had we had an older brother?

Olivia is so sweet.

Brittany said...

That's a really cute story, Sadie. I love the towel capes.

Dave Heywood said...

Kids...gotta lovem...cute story!

Unknown said...

Kids are cute and very imaginative. I've heard Scott telling one of his teddy bears that he was in time out. What would we do without kids? I think that life would not be as interesting.

Lorell said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!! I am at a birth tonight, and thinking of you!! Have a happy 26th, love you tons!

Anonymous said...

I love that top photo. Coolest ever. -Daniel

Scott and Mandi said...

Cute! I've always thought Olivia was such a little sweetie! We need to get together since you guys live so close!

harwood said...

I need Levi to give me some pointers. After seeing "The Dark Knight" I've decided that I want to be Batman. I want Levi to teach me how to jump off an 87-story skyscraper and glide gracefully into the night.

Melissa said...

Sadie, Hello! Cute blog. I love how boys are such boys and girls are such natural mothers! We miss you, but it sounds like all is well in your new home.

Kalli Monroe said...

Sadie I saw Amanda at Dr boyers office today. She told me about your blog. Your children r so cute. Mine is monroefam7.blogspot.com

mikeylikesit said...

I once took a "required" class at CSUSB called "Perspectives on Gender". The only thing I got out of that class was that gay people are the most intolerant people out there. Why do I bring this up? Because they were teaching us to let boys play with Barbies and girls play with action figures, and let them decide which one is right for them. They must also be allowed to cross dress to determine if they feel comfortable or not wearing the opposite sex's clothing. This experimentation is "good". I'm offended that you let Olivia play with dolls! You should also take this class to open your eyes and learn the truth.

I wish I had taken a barf bag each time I attended that class. What a wicked society we live in!

Braden and Sadie said...

Hey Mike-
Ryan and I took "Race and Racism" instead of "Perspectives on Gender". In that class we learned that a beehive is on top of every LDS temple and that Brigham Young was the first LDS prophet...oh brother. I can't believe it was required!