Friday, July 13, 2007

Hats Off!


Hats Off!
Along the street there comes
a blare of bugles, a ruffle of drums
a flash of colors beneath the sky
Hats Off! The Flag is Passing by!

Heny Holcomb Bennet


Levi on the 4th of July, 2006.
4th of July 2006 my little Levi turned 2. We really had a firecracker day. We went to a parade, had a birthday party, started a tradition of a water balloon fight, watched fireworks and set off fireworks.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Last years 4th was so much fun with you guys. Levi seems so keen on anything American. Now that you set his theme theres no going back. Have fun doing "Where O Where" tonight.

Karen said...

Hats off Levi!! And Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!

Braden and Sadie said...

Well, it turns out the talent show is Saturday night-which means we'll get to run through it before we do it!

It's true-theres no turning back now that Levi's theme is American. You should see his new red gingham curtains with decorative blue star ribbon.

When he hears "The Star-Spangled Banner" or "Yankee Doddle" he says, "My Song!". I Just came across any awesome arrangement for "Stars and Stripes" so I need two (or maybe four) awesome pianists to play it for me!

Braden and Sadie said...

whoaa, Mom,why were you looking at my blog at 1:44 am? You're such a night owl.

Amanda said...

Are those THE red curtains? The ones that used to hang in the school room? I bet it looks cute in there and gives the room a nice red tint.

Braden and Sadie said...

No, they're not the classic school Oxford house school room curtains. They're actually just red gingham fabric-I just drapped them up but they look really cute.

Hal & Gaila's Family said...

Somebody has to say it, might as well be me! That cake looks DEEELICOUS! You did a real fine job on it Sadie!-Caitlin

Braden and Sadie said...

thanks Caitlin! It was really good. This year I let Levi pick his birthday cake-it wasn't strawberries, blueberries and white frosting-but Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting, with sprinkles!

Brittany said...

You told us all about last year's July 4th. Now tell us about the 2007 Independence Day/Happy Birthday to Levi.

Braden and Sadie said...

Oh, I will.

Hal H. said...

Love looking at those pictures. Love looking at that great cake. Think I'll go eat.

Me, myself, and I said...

Love all your cute family updates! Happy Birthday America--Happy Birthday Levi!!!

The Cahoons! said...

Hey Sades, me want to see more updates! Now that mom is out of town and not on the computer, you can use it! Yes!